[ Cumbria Photo ] is operated by Sean Duffy, from West Cumbria.
I’ve always lived nearby, and quite simply love it here – the home of the UNESCO Lake District National Park. I believe that Cumbria is a truly gorgeous part of the world, and hopefully you’ll agree with my assertion when you view my photographs of the area.
I’m a keen amateur photographer who has had a passion for capturing my surroundings since my late teens. One of my early photographs was of the tranquil hamlet, Watendlath. The photo often brings about a smile when I view it – that’s what it’s all about afterall, to capture and stir memories.
The Lake country is a glorious region, of which I had only seen the similitude in dreams, waking or sleeping…I longed to slip out unseen, and to run away by myself in amongst the hills and dales.Charlotte Brontë
- I love walking. I do my 10k a day, and when I’m able to do so, I’ll do another 10k on top.
- I get out into the local countryside when I can, taking in all the views before me, and sharing what I see with the world.
- I love photography, but don’t seem to do enough of it. I’m only an amateur, and try to learn more about the art, when time permits.
- I’m a former political activist who helped change the shape of Copeland Borough Council. I advocate independent thinking.
- I can laugh at myself. Everyone else does, so I may as well join them.
If you find yourself inspired as a result of this blog, then brilliant. If not, hey ho. Thanks for visiting 👍